You can record any session, which the recording will sync to your Google Drive folder. When a session is recorded, the presenter's screen, the audio conference and any shared applications are included.
Record in GoToMeeting
1. Ensure that you are sharing your screen or an application to include them in your session recording.
2. Start recording as follows:
- Windows - At the bottom of your Control Panel, click Record this Meeting.
- Mac - At the bottom of the Screen Sharing pane, click Record.
3. The Recording icon will glow and attendees will see a notification that the session is being recorded at the bottom of their Control Panel.
Convert a Recording
The temporary recording file (.g2m) must be converted to mp4 before it can be processed in ExecVision. When you end a recording, the Recording Manager will automatically launch and prompt you to convert your recordings. However, you can also open the Recording Manager manually at any time.
1. Access the desktop app menu as follows:
- If it is not currently running, locate the application on your computer and open it.
- If it is already running, right-click the daisy icon in the system tray (Windows) or toolbar (Mac).
2. For Windows, right-click the Daisy icon in the system tray, then select Convert Recordings.
3. For Mac, click GoToMeeting in the toolbar, then select Preferences -> Recordings -> Convert Recordings Now
Note: If your Google Drive folder is not mapped correctly, the recording file is located in the My Documents folder by default. You can move your recordings to the Google Drive folder by cutting and pasting the recording into that folder.
4. Under "Recordings you need to convert," any unconverted files will be listed. Use the check boxes to select the files that you wish to convert.
Note: If you do not see the recording you are looking for, simply locate it on your computer and move it to your Google Drive folder. It will then automatically appear in the "Recordings you need to convert" section.
5. Select mp4 format and then click Convert Recording.
6. The conversion process will begin for the selected files. The recording may take some time to process and convert, depending on the video content and length.
7. Once the file has been successfully converted, it will be moved to your Google Drive folder. You can click the Folder icon to automatically open the folder on your computer in which the converted file is stored.
Below is a brief video on GoToMeeting Recording Basics.